Founded in February 1996, MSSA forms part of the broader vertically integrated expansion of the Stucken Group in South Africa. MSSA has the capacity to source the very best quality raw materials and transform these into speciality yarns for the industrial and niche markets, by means of its ‘Stock Supported’ range and ‘Made to Order’ capabilties to its worldwide network of customers.
- Capable of spinning yarn counts from Nm0.6 up to Nm50.
- Compact Spinning.
- Ecru or dyed yarns are available on cone, hank or ball.
- Balled yarns are packed and delivered ready for retail shelves.
- Offers top, cone and hank dyeing services on the mills premises.
- Offers machine and hand knitting yarns, weaving yarns for apparel, blanket fabric, velour fabric, and industrial uses.
- Stock holding in Europe for selected yarns.
- Offers a mutually beneficial yarn development program.
- ‘Made to Order’ is 500 kg’s
- ‘Stock Supported’ is 1 carton (30 kg’s)
- ‘Made to Order’ are 5 to 6 weeks.
- ‘Stock Supported’ - Prompt shipment
MSSA are members of the Stucken Group who have been committed to the premium Wool and Mohair segment in South Africa since 1951. The Stucken Group is an over 150 year old family owned and managed business, with its roots in Bremen, Germany. The 4th generation moved to South Africa in 1950 as Wool traders and the Group has grown to become vertically integrated natural fibre specialists at source in South Africa. The vertically integrated nature of the Group includes:
- Stucken & Co: Buying and selling of Wool and Mohair
- Gubb & Inggs: Scouring, carbonising and combing of Wool and Mohair
- Mohair Spinners SA: Spinning
- Speciality Yarn Dyers: Dyeing
- Hinterveld: Weaving of textiles